CosMic Plants Inc. is an orchid greenhouse operation conveniently located between Vineland and Beamsville. It was established in 2004 and is operated by a team of valuable employees together with owners Neil and Mike van Steekelenburg. The name CosMic originates from the brothers names Cornelis (Neil) and Michael (Mike). CosMic produces Phalaenopsis Orchids in 5 inch pots and Mini Phalaenopsis Orchids in 2½ inch pots all year round. Their greenhouse facility is equipped with the most modern techniques to provide for a continuous supply of these beautiful flowering tropical plants.
The Petals & Plates – CosMic Plants Dinner and Tour will include:
- A “Cocktail and Appetizer Hour” where guests will be invited to mingle, sample appetizers, and participate in the various stations that have been set up, including:
- A “Flower Crown and Boutonniere Bar” where guests are taught how to create their very own floral creation
- Live local musicians
- The opportunity to interact with the nights featured florist, Nicholas Smith from Opening Night Flowers
- Access to the tasty sampling stations where guests can hear the story of other local agricultural groups and learn about all that Ontario has to offer
- And much more!
- A tour of the Greenhouse. The hosts of the evening (Mike and Neil) will lead a guided tour of the facilities. This will be a great opportunity to learn about the industry, flowers in general, and listen to engaging and amazing stories! This will also be the perfect opportunity to ask all the questions you may have! But please, keep in mind that this is a commercial greenhouse, so please always follow the instruction of the tour guides as there are some areas that visitors are not allowed to walk through or touch.
- A four course artisan meal hand crafted by Executive Chef Jan-Willem Stulp, combining floral inspired recipes with locally sourced ingredients to create a feast for your taste buds while the picturesque surroundings, a rustic themed setting in the middle of an in bloom flower greenhouse, will create a feast for your other senses.
- Local craft wine and beer available for purchase. (the only cost not included in the ticket price for this event is the cash bar)
- A flower-lovers gift bag filled with goodies, including local Ontario grown flowers.
*HST INCLUDED IN $113 TICKET PRICE
This price includes:
- Access to the "Cocktail & Appetizer" Hour
- A Greenhouse Tour
- A 4-Course Meal Served in the Greenhouse
- A "Gift Bag" to take home with you
The only thing NOT included in the price of the ticket is any alcohol. However, alcohol will be available for purchase at the event.